Explore Coinbase Commerce, a popular cryptocurrency exchange.
Coinbase Commerce is a simple and secure way to accept cryptocurrency donations. It enables organizations to accept multiple cryptocurrencies, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and more, directly into a user-controlled wallet. Coinbase Commerce also offers a range of features, such as fraud prevention, customer support, and automatic conversion to local currencies, to help organization make the most of crypto giving.
Coinbase offers type types of Commerce accounts. Your organization should select an account based on its fundraising needs.
The Coinbase self-managed Commerce account works best for organizations that want to get up and running with crypto giving quickly. Self-managed accounts can be opened in a few minutes.
The Coinbase-managed Commerce account type is ideal for large organizations that require institutional giving tools and compliances. A key benefit of the Coinbase-managed account type is its auto-liquidation feature, which automatically sells inbound crypto and returns a cash balance.
Using Coinbase Commerce, you can accept the following cryptocurrencies at checkout.
Follow the steps below to connect Fundraise Up to Coinbase Commerce.
- You must have administrative access to your Coinbase Commerce account.
- You must have access to your organization’s Fundraise Up account with a user that has the Organization Administrator user role.
- Log-in to your Coinbase Commerce account.
- Select your user in the upper right section of the Coinbase Commerce dashboard.
- Select Settings.
- Select Security.
- In the “API keys” section, select New API key.
- Select the Copy to clipboard option for the API key.
- Log-in to Fundraise Up.
- Select your user from the upper right section of the Fundraise Up Dashboard.
- Select Settings.
- Select Payment methods from the side menu.
- In the “Payment processors” section, select Coinbase Commerce.
- Select Connect Coinbase Commerce.
- Input the Coinbase Commerce API key.
- Select Connect.
Fundraise Up is now connected to Coinbase Commerce and you can enable Crypto as a donation method in Checkout.