How to add Installation Code and Elements to the Google Sites
Google Sites is a website builder created by Google that has some limitations. One of these limitations is that it does not have a
<head> section, which means that it is impossible to add our Installation Code directly to the
<head> of the website. Consequently, Overlay Elements (Reminder, Message Bar, Social Proof, Popup) won’t work.
To add elements to your Google Sites, you'll first need to obtain the Installation Code for Fundraise Up and create an Element. Here's a step-by-step walkthrough to guide you through the process:
- Obtain the Installation Code from Fundraise Up Dashboard > Settings > Installation
- Copy the Element Embed Code from the Elements tab.
- Access Google Sites and open or create the desired page.
- Use the Embed option with the "< >" icon in the Insert tab to add a Custom HTML.
- Paste the Fundraise Up Installation Code into the Ember from the web dialog box.
- Below the Installation Code, paste the Element Code copied from Fundraise Up.Each element you'll add to your website should include an Installation Code and Element Embed Code.
- Adjust the widget area so it fits perfectly on your page.
- Select Next and Save.
- Publish the page by selecting Publish option in the upper right corner.
- Test the embedded elements for functionality and check how they look on your website.