Settings for the Recurring donations section of Donor Portal
The Recurring donation section in the Donor Portal enables a donor to manage any recurring plans that they have with your organization. If no recurring plans exist, this section is hidden.
Each recurring plan item displays the donation amount, next installment date, and payment method of the recurring plan.
Selecting an item in the list of recurring plans will open the page for the recurring plan’s settings.
The settings page for a recurring plan includes details about the plan, a summary of past installments, and an option to edit the payment details for the plan.
Recurring plan statuses
On the index page of Donor Portal and on the pages of each recurring plan. There are three main statuses that a recurring plan can have:
- Active: The recurring plan is actively charging installments
- Scheduled: The recurring plan has been paused by the donor for a period of between 1 and 12 months.
- Retrying: The last installment could not be successfully charged. Fundraise Up will attempt to charge the installment based on the retry behavior setting configured in the Dashboard.
- Cancelled: The recurring plan was cancelled by the donor or an account user with a role that allows them to manage recurring plans.
- Failed: Fundraise Up is unable to charge installments for the recurring plan. This status is automatically set by the retry behavior settings configured in the Dashboard.
Editing payment details
When a donor selects the Edit payment details option for a recurring plan, it launches a modal with payment settings. From this modal, a donor can change the amount of their donation, opt-in or out of covering transaction costs for the donation, modify the plan’s frequency, charge date, and payment method.
Most payment methods can be toggled from this modal, which gives donors the flexibility to move their recurring plan from one payment method to another. Changes made to a recurring plan’s payment details in Donor Portal are immediately reflected in the Dashboard.
The donor can view their phone number and mailing address. They can also edit these details, provided the Donor can edit their personal information checkbox is enabled in the Donor Portal settings. Any changes made by the donor will be reflected in your integrated CRM services shortly thereafter. If a mailing address and/or phone number are required for the campaign associated with that donation, the donor will not be able to delete them. Changes made here will apply to the selected recurring donation only, and not any other recurring plans the donor might have.
Similar to the Donation history section displayed on the Donor Portal index page, each recurring plan shows a filtered list of past installments for the selected recurring plan in a table view. Each installment entry in the table includes tools for viewing the donation’s details.
Cancelling a recurring plan
Each recurring plan page in Donor Portal includes an option for cancelling the plan. The settings for handling cancellations are described in the main Docs article for Donor Portal under "Recurring donation settings.”