Integration limitations with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT
Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT is a powerful fundraising and donor management software designed to help non-profits reach their goals. However, it has some limitations when it comes to integrating with other software. This article will discuss the integration limitations of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- No manual sync option: Fundraise Up can automatically sync donations to Raiser’s Edge NXT, and individual donation records can be re-synced to Raiser’s Edge NXT, but donations cannot be manually resynced in bulk.
- Sync does not create batches: The Raiser’s Edge NXT integration does not create batches for donations synced from Fundraise Up.
- Country matching: If the country matching option is not configured for the integration in Fundraise Up, it is not possible to create or modify mailing addresses in Raiser’s Edge NXT for synced records.
- Synced records cannot be deleted: Because donations synced from Fundraise Up to Raiser’s Edge NXT are created using the Raiser’s Edge NXT web view, they cannot be deleted from the web or database views in Raiser’s Edge. Learn more →
- Failed donations do not sync: When a donation record has a failed status in Fundraise Up, it is not possible to sync the record to Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- Delayed notification payment methods: When a payment method like ACH, which takes several days to settle, is used for a donation, the donation record will not sync to Raiser’s Edge NXT until the settlement occurs.
- Recurring plan reactivation handling: When a previously cancelled recurring plan in Fundraise Up is reactivated, a new plan is created in Raiser’s Edge NXT. This is because a record with a cancelled status in Raiser’s Edge NXT cannot be set to an alternate status.
- Refund double entry: When a donation is refunded in Fundraise Up, it is not possible to automatically update the record’s status in Raiser’s Edge NXT. Therefore, it is necessary to manually update the donation’s status in Raiser’s Edge NXT.
- API call limit: Raiser’s Edge NXT has an API call limit of 100,000 calls per day. If the number of records synced from Fundraise Up to Raiser’s Edge NXT exceeds this limit, the synchronization process cannot continue until the call limit resets.
- Recurring gift record alerts: Some views in Raiser’s Edge NXT may display a warning that certain recurring donations cannot be processed. This warning can be ignored for donations processed using Fundraise Up.