Bank debits FAQ
How long will it take for funds to clear for donations made via Bank Transfers?
Read below to get a better idea of when you can expect the funds from donations made via Bank Transfers to be deposited into your payment processor’s account.
- ACH US Direct Debit takes up to 3 business days once verification is completed
- PAD (Canada) takes up to 4 business days
- SEPA (Europe) takes up to 5 business days
- BECS (Australia) takes up to 3 business days
- BACS (UK) takes up to 3 working days
Why can't my donors pay via bank transfer, even if I've enabled this option?
Even if you've enabled the applicable bank transfer or direct debit payment options for your region, bank transfers only display in checkout when certain criteria are met.
For US accounts
The Bank transfer button will only display to donors in cases where all the following four criteria are met:
- ACH is enabled as the payment option
- The donation must be made in US dollars
- ACH donations through automatic and online banking verification have no minimum amount requirement. However, to access ACH donations through manual verification, the donation amount must be $95 USD or higher. This is done to decrease the amounts of fraudulent ACH donation attempts.