Configuring currency settlement for international donations
By default, PayPal will create separate balances for donations received in currencies other than your account’s default currency. If you often receive donations in other currencies, we recommend configuring your PayPal account to automatically handle these types of donations.
The follow steps will guide you through configuring the settlement behavior in PayPal.
- You must have administrative-level access to your PayPal Business account
- Log-in to PayPal
- In the PayPal navigation bar, hover over your user name
- Select Account Settings
- In the “Account & Security” section of the sidebar, select Payment preferences
- Select Update for the Block payments option
- In the “Allow payments sent to me in a currency I do not hold” section, select your preferred settlement behavior.We recommend selecting the Yes, accept and convert them to U.S. Dollars option. This will reduce the number of steps required to accept international currency donations. PayPal may apply a conversion fee.
Your selection is automatically saved, and PayPal will use the new setting to process future donations.