Apple Pay domain verification for WordPress websites
To activate Apple Pay as a payment method, you need to verify the domain where it will be used.
- Administrative access to your WordPress dashboard
- Access to the Fundraise Up Dashboard using an account with the Organization Administrator role
- Non-Plain permalink structure in WordPress.
- In the Fundraise Up Dashboard, view the settings for Apple Pay.
- Select Verify website ownership.
- Add the domain of the website where you want to activate Apple Pay. Include only the base domain (e.g.
- Download the verification file.
- Place the
apple-developer-merchantid-domain-associationfile in the
/.well-known/directory on your website using your preferred file manager or FTP client. You can utilize the WP File Manager plugin.
- Confirm that the verification file is reachable by selecting the URL in the verification window. If the file is reachable, it will either begin downloading or display its contents within your browser.
- Select Verify ownership.
The verification window will close and the verified domain will be displayed on the Apple Pay settings page.
Troubleshooting Apple Pay activation
If you encounter problems while activating Apple Pay, refer to these support articles: