Apple Pay domain verification for WordPress websites
To activate Apple Pay as a payment method, you need to verify the domain where it will be used. For WordPress-based websites, you can easily complete the activation process using our WordPress plugin.
- Administrative access to your WordPress dashboard
- Access to the Fundraise Up Dashboard using an account with the Organization Administrator role
- A non-default permalink structure in WordPress.
- Download the Fundraise Up Apple Pay verification plugin for WordPress.
- Sign in to your WordPress dashboard.
- From the sidebar menu in the WordPress dashboard, select: Plugins > Add New.
- Select the Upload Plugin button.
- Select Choose file and use your system browser to locate and select the plugin zip file.
- In WordPress, select Install Now.
- When the plugin has installed successfully, select Activate Plugin. The plugin will activate.
- In the Fundraise Up Dashboard, view the settings for Apple Pay.
- Select Verify website ownership.
- Add the domain of the website where you want to activate Apple Pay. Include only the base domain (e.g.
https://mycharity.org).Since you are using the verification plugin for WordPress, you can skip the “Download verification file” step in the verification window.
- Confirm that the verification file is reachable by selecting the URL in the verification window. If the file is reachable, it will either begin downloading or display its contents within your browse
- Select Verify ownership.
The verification window will close and the verified domain will be displayed on the Apple Pay settings page.
Troubleshooting Apple Pay activation
If you encounter problems while activating Apple Pay, refer to these support articles: