Show donors how much further their contribution will go with matched donations.
Campaign Pages has the additional option to run a ‘matched’ campaign: for example, if a partner sponsor agrees to match all donations to a particular campaign.
Please note that Fundraise Up does not facilitate the matching process.
Running a rate-matched campaign
If your organization decides to utilize this option, enable Rate matching and configure the settings as necessary. Please note that, if you have both the Campaign Page and the Checkout modal enabled for the Campaign, the rate matching information will only appear on the Campaign Page, as rate matching is not yet enabled for the Checkout modal.
Configuring the matching settings
Once you’ve enabled rate matching, you’ll have the option to add more details for donors to see:
- Matching sponsor: the partner who has pledged to match donations to this campaign.
- Matching rate: the amount each donation will be multiplied by in the final amount. For example:
- If the partner is matching each donation 1-to-1, then enter 2 as the matching, as the final contribution will be 2x larger. E.g. the donor gives $10, the partner gives another $10, and the final donation is $20.
- If the partner is adding double what the donor gives, enter 3 as the matching rate. E.g. the donor gives $10, partner gives an additional $20, and the final donation is $30.
- Minimum matchable donation: the minimum donation amount that the matching partner is willing to match. For example, if they’re only willing to match donations over $20, input 20 here. If there is no limit and all donations will be matched, leave this field empty.
- Start and End date: If the donation matching is limited to a certain time frame, enter the first and last day on which donations will be matchable. If you add an End date, a live countdown will appear showing the donor how much longer donations are matchable for.