Thank you screen
Choose what to show your donors after a successful conversion.
Redirect to URL
Choosing Redirect to URL in the Campaign's Checkout
When editing a Campaign, if you click into the Checkout tab, you'll find Thank You Screen as an option in the left-hand menu.
From there, you can edit the Thank You post-donation behavior — specifically, whether we should show the in-checkout Thank You Screen, or whether we should redirect the donor to another thank you page at a URL of your choosing.
What is available for your custom thank you page?
When we redirect a donor to your provided thank you page, we add the following parameters to the landing address so these can be picked up by the destination as needed and possible:
- donationId — unique donation ID
- amount — donation amount in XX.XX format. E.g. "10.20", "10.00"
- currency — currency code. E.g. "USD", "EUR"
- monthly — "true" / "false"
- supporterFirstName and supporterLastName — first and last name of the donor
- supporterEmail — supporter email
- designationId — designation ID if designation was selected
- designationName — designation name if designation was selected
Your final thank you page URL will look like this:
1https://www.example.org/thank-you 2 ?donationId=DTECRHJM 3 &amount=26.50 4 ¤cy=USD 5 &monthly=true 6 &supporterFirstName=John 7 &supporterLastName=Salmon 8 &supporterEmail=johnsalmon%40gmail.com 9 &designationId=DXXXXXX1 10 &designationName=Where%20it%20is%20needed%20most
Keep in mind that the redirect replaces the Fundraise Up Thank You screen, wherein donors are encouraged to share their donation on social media. You may therefore wish to ensure that these options are included at the thank you page you choose to redirect them to.
Fundraise Up Thank You screen
In your checkout settings, you'll see a Thank You Screen section. From there, you can choose whether people get our in-checkout Thank You Screen experience, which includes social media sharing options, or whether you'd like to redirect them to another URL.
Controlling the Thank You Screen for a Campaign
Presuming you've chosen to show the in-checkout Thank You Screen, you can determine whether or not donors see sharing options by toggling on or off the ability to share to each social platform.
When any social platform is enabled, donors will see a screen similar to the following:
When all social platforms are unchecked for sharing, the donor will see a screen similar to the following:
This is the URL that is shared when a user chooses to share their donation.
Here, you have two options:
- Leave this blank - When left blank, Fundraise Up will automatically share the URL of the page or website where the donor made the donation and will automatically add the campaign ID to the end of the URL so that when a user clicks the link on social media, it will take them to that URL with the donation checkout open immediately.
- Enter your own URL - You may enter any URL here to "force share" a specific page or campaign. This is useful for specific initiatives, landing pages, events, etc. Note: If you'd like the checkout to open when the user arrives at this URL, be sure to add the campaign ID at the end (example: https://yourorganization.org/landing-page#DONATE).
You can customize the message that appears along with the social media share.
Your options are:
- Leave this empty and let the donor choose their own message.
- Enter a custom message that would be displayed along with the share. This allows you to communicate and reinforce your campaign's message even if the donor chooses not to provide their own message.
When left empty, it appears like this on Facebook, for example:
Here is what it would look like when entering your own message:
Enable Sharing Channels
If you'd like to discourage donors from sharing on any of the social media platforms we support, you can disable them here:
Typically, unless you have a specific reason to discourage sharing, enabling all of them is considered best practice.