Thank you screen
Choose what your donors see after their donation.
Here, you can choose what donors see after making a donation on your Campaign Page: either you can redirect them to a specific URL (for example, if your organization already has an established Thank You page) or shown them Fundraise Up's default Thank You screen.
Redirecting donors to a specific URL
dit the Thank You post-donation behavior — specifically, whether we should show the in-checkout Thank You Screen, or whether we should redirect the donor to another thank you page at a URL of your choosing.
When we redirect a donor to your provided thank you page, we add the following parameters to the landing address so these can be picked up by the destination:
- donationId — unique donation ID
- amount — donation amount in XX.XX format. E.g. "10.20", "10.00"
- currency — currency code. E.g. "USD", "EUR"
- monthly — "true" / "false"
- supporterFirstName and supporterLastName — first and last name of the donor
- supporterEmail — supporter email
- designationId — designation ID if designation was selected
- designationName — designation name if designation was selected
So, your final thank you page URL will look like this:
1https://www.example.org/thank-you 2 ?donationId=DTECRHJM 3 &amount=26.50 4 ¤cy=USD 5 &monthly=true 6 &supporterFirstName=John 7 &supporterLastName=Salmon 8 &supporterEmail=johnsalmon%40gmail.com 9 &designationId=DXXXXXX1 10 &designationName=Where%20it%20is%20needed%20most
Keep in mind that the redirect replaces the Fundraise Up Thank You screen, wherein donors are encouraged to share their donation on social media. We therefore recommend ensuring that these options are included on the thank you page you choose to redirect them to.
Using the default Thank You screen
Select this option to redirect donors to Fundraise Up's default built-in Thank You screen, which includes social media sharing options.
Controlling the Thank You Screen for a Campaign Page
Presuming you've chosen to show the in-checkout Thank You Screen, you can determine whether or not donors see sharing options by toggling on or off the ability to share to each social platform.
When any social platform is enabled, donors will see a screen similar to the following:
When all social platforms are unchecked for sharing, the donor will see a screen similar to the following:
This is the URL that is shared when a user chooses to share their donation.
Here, you have two options:
- Leave this blank - When left blank, Fundraise Up will automatically share the URL of the Campaign Page the donor made their donation on.
- Enter your own URL - You may enter any URL here to "force share" a specific page or campaign. This is useful for specific initiatives, landing pages, events, etc. Note: If you'd like the checkout to open when the user arrives at this URL, be sure to add the campaign ID at the end (example: https://yourorganization.org/landing-page#DONATE).
You can customize the message that appears along with the social media share.
Your options are:
- Leave this empty and let the donor choose their own message.
- Enter a custom message that would be displayed along with the share. This allows you to communicate and reinforce your campaign's message even if the donor chooses not to provide their own message.
When shared on Facebook without a message, the post would look like this:
Enable Sharing Channels
If you'd like to discourage donors from sharing on any of the social media platforms we support, you can disable them here:
Typically, unless you have a specific reason to discourage sharing, enabling all of them is considered best practice.