Explore customizations for tribute giving.
Tribute giving enables donors to dedicate their donations in honor or in memory of a person, place, or thing. Within the Dashboard, you can customize the functionality of the tribute giving feature and how it is representing in Donor Portal.
Tribute giving also includes Checkout-level features that you should review while exploring the feature. Learn more →
This setting enable you to set the message character limit for a dedication message sent using a postal service. This can be helpful if you print the message using a print format with limited space for text.
Postal tribute preview
When a donor completes a donation dedicated, they are redirected to Donor Portal to compose and customize their dedication message. When you enable the option for donors to send the dedication message using a print format, you can specify the preview graphic used by selecting either the Postcard or Letter with envelope option. This helps a donor understand how their dedication message will appear to its recipient.
Image collections enable you to offer donors a customized library of images to use with dedication messages sent using email.
By default, the Image Collections feature includes several pre-made categories with images already included. You can modify these collections as needed or create your own.
Customizing image collection categories
Each Image collection category can include up to four images. The specifications for these images are below:
- Minimum resolution: 800 x 600px
- Recommended resolution: 1,600 x 1,200px
- Allowed file types: JPG, PNG, GIF (static image only)
The display order for images can by set by dragging and dropping the image thumbnails into the preferred order.
Each image can be downloaded, replaced, or removed using the tools displayed when hovering over an image thumbnail.
Categories can be renamed by selecting the name of the category.
The display order of categories can be set by dragging categories into the preferred order using the six-dotted grab handle shown for each category. This display order defines how categories are displayed in the dropdown menu for image collections in Donor Portal when a donor is composing their dedication message.
The three-dot menu displayed for each image collections category contains settings for configuring the conditions for displaying the category:
- Hide from donors: The category will not be shown in the image collections dropdown menu in Donor Portal.
- All tribute types: The category will be shown in the image collections dropdown menu in Donor Portal for both In honor and In memory dedication types.
- In honor only: The category will only be shown in the image collections dropdown menu in Donor Portal when the dedication type is In honor.
- In memory only: The category will only be shown in the image collections dropdown menu in Donor Portal when the dedication type is In memory.
The three-dot menu also includes an option for duplicating a category or deleting it.