Learn about settings in the Account area of the Fundraise Up Dashboard.
The Settings view of the Fundraise Up Dashboard provides access to the platform’s configuration options. Before launching Fundraise Up on your website, we recommend reviewing settings that impact account management and the donor experience.
These global settings define how your organization is referenced in various areas of the platform, and in emails sent from the platform.
- Organization name: Confirm that your organization name appears as expected. This name will appear in various areas of the donor experience including Checkout, emails, and receipts.
- Customer support email address: This email address is used as the default reply-to email address in emails. It is also added to the footer area of emails and included on receipt PDFs.
- Website URL: The value included for this property defines the base URL used to launch Checkout. Ensure that the URL points to a website where the Fundraise Up installation script has been added.
- Customer support phone number: The value for this property is automatically added to email footers and is included on receipt PDFs.
- Time zone: Confirm that the correct time zone for your organization is configured. The time zone value is used to generate fundraising insights, and is referenced by timestamp properties in Exports and integrations.
The settings in this area help you manage multiple Fundraise Up accounts when the Subaccounts feature is enabled.
- Account code: Assign a custom identifier to your Fundraise Up account. This property is available in Exports and integrations.
- Minimum resolution: 120 x 120px
- Recommended resolution: 240 x 240px
This is the transaction identifier that will appear on a donor’s billing statement. Ensure that your statement descriptor is short and recognizable to avoid potential charge disputes by donors.
The statement descriptor has a maximum length of 22 characters.
These settings manage how your organization is referenced in emails, receipts, and other areas of the platform.
- Legal name: Include the full legal name of your organization as it appears on your incorporation documents. This value is referenced wherever the legal name of your organization is required to be shown.
- Tax ID: Include the tax identification number for your organization. This value is displayed in emails and on receipt PDFs.
- Legal address: Include the address for your organization that is listed on your incorporation or tax documents—whichever is more accurate. Your legal address is included on receipt PDFs.
- Tax-exempt status checkbox: Check this box if your organization is a registered charity.
Tax exemption verification
Upload your organization’s proof of tax-exemption status. Typically, this is a document issued by your country’s governing body.